The Notre Dame Lawyer was organized in 1925. In 1981, the staff of the Lawyer changed the publication’s name from the Lawyer to the Notre Dame Law Review, but all generations have remained committed to the original founders’ vision of a law review “synonymous with respect for law and jealous of any unjust attacks upon it.” Today the Law Review maintains its tradition of excellence, and its membership includes some of the most able and distinguished judges, professors, and practitioners in the country.
Entirely student-edited, the Law Review offers its members an invaluable occasion for training in precise analysis of legal problems and in clear and cogent presentation of legal issues. In addition, the Law Review affords its members the opportunity to foster scholarly discourse within the legal community. The Law Review seeks to enrich discourse in the legal community, while remaining mindful of the Catholic tradition of justice, a commitment prominently featured in each issue’s dedication to Our Lady, Mirror of Justice.
Each year the Law Review publishes one volume, appearing in five separate issues between November and July. One issue of each volume, Federal Courts, Practice & Procedure, represents a forum for exploring civil practice and procedure in the federal courts.